Wednesday 22 February 2012

Love...


The following piece is too special for me personally because this was the first piece ever written by me. In fact before this, I never felt I could write even as an amateur. This was written by me while I was still a kid enjoying her puppy love as a eleventh standard kid. Today when I read this piece after almost seven years of writing it, there are so many lines which I would want to change (because obviously as you grow old, your  perspective on the same old things change!!!). But, I deliberately choose not to alter even a single word of this poem because it's sacrosanct for me. Sometimes, even the most imperfect things are the most beautiful for oneself. So here we go, a piece written by a eleventh standard 'kid' who back then was acquainted with only the mushy side of love. The piece was written in year 2004..."

Love is a desire, a want that never expires…
Love is a need, an essence that is always complete…
Love is serenity, simplicity that never fades…
Love is sacrifice that demands watering eyes…
Love is pure, that calls for being secure…
Love is pain that is always in vain…
Love has to pay, a price priceless…
Love is duty that implies loyalty…
But love is not a game, then why do we have so many players…
Love is power, turns hard-core to soft heart…
Love is insecurity, to lose the most precious…
Love doesn’t speak, but speaks more than words…
Love is a want, to hold the moments…
Love is commitment, that calls for life…
Love is to feel, to feel beautiful…
Love shows extremes, a height unreachable…
Love means singing, as the bird chirps…
Love means hurting, as the fruit falls…
Love is sweetest of dreams, worst of nightmares…
But then why do people love, if love is always painful?
Because love is temptation, uncontrollable…
Because love makes life worth the pain…
So love people, not to be hurt, not to lose, not to feel insecure…
But to gain a lifelong achievement…

Cheers,
Henanksha

2 comments:

  1. Explained it all. I am still a kiddo no doubt. Couldn't have explained it this way, ever. Great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Explained it all. I am still a kiddo no doubt. Couldn't have explained it this way, ever. Great!!

    ReplyDelete