Tuesday 21 February 2012

It’s this year again…


"After precisely, more than five years, I finally started to write something. In these four years, I took CAT and other MBA exams twice. In fact I should say, I failed twice. Failed miserably indeed!!! Being a nerd all my life, a University Position holder and a teacher's pet (almost) all my life, not being able to crack an MBA entrance exam was a huge dent on my personal ego. In fact, there was a time when cracking a stupid exam was the only aim of my life. I call this period as my life's 'Dark Ages' era when all I thought about was doing an MBA. It was in this passion or I should say, mindless aggression, I wrote the following piece. Written on May 22nd, 2010..."

Crisscrossing forehead…wet temples…pumping heart...rapid chanting…oh those jumping thoughts…a flashback season…and then…
A sudden numbness…a sudden halt… absolute calmness…new found serenity…
All I remember is a white screen with Arial bold “We’re sorry!”
It seemed my doctor conveyed “We’re sorry...could not save your baby!”…
It’s this year again…

Red still remains red and so does blue…
I still remain hungry and finding way through…
“Work harder and believe in yourself”…
Too bored of these clichés…need newer words to keep the boat sailing…
It’s this year again…

I almost touched that desired rose…was so tender..was so beautiful…
I could see it…I could smell it… Closed my eyes to hold it…
And oops opened my eyes to understand that I’m playing with thorns…
I could see that man taking away my rose…
It’s mine…It’s mine…I wept with bleeding fingers…
He’s running and so am I…
But he is faster and so will I…
It’s this year again…

I laugh as the world laughs…
I cry as the world cries…
But the wait is on…for the moment… the moment when cry and laugh is no different…
It’s this year again…

I stand taller… I stand stronger…I stand with all smiles…
Oh I have started…started again…
The slippery slope seems steeper this time… but I’m learning…learning to run faster…
This year and this year again…
I say to myself…No more “It’s this year again!”…

Cheers,
Henanksha

No comments:

Post a Comment