Thursday 6 March 2014

How far can you go to love someone unknown?

I'm sure this question strikes a chord in the mind of anyone who has ever received love - love from a partner, love from a mother, love from a friend... However, sometimes, one may often go really far (read as metaphorically) to love someone whom you don't even know yet, to love someone whom you have not even touched yet, to love someone whom you have not even seen yet- to love your unborn kid!!! Don't you think that a woman has to go really far to get closer to this 'someone', who is yet to be born. I say so because every woman has to cross a huge distance in her head trying to endure all kinds of physical discomfort and pain (even the thought of labor pain brings me a tic!!!), put a hold on some of her career aspirations, overcome her deepest fears, accept some permanent bodily changes, fight with the biological clock, etc.

Indeed, a woman goes very far to come closer to this 'someone' - who is yet to be born!

 I have tried to express this thought through a poem that highlights how far a woman has to go physically and emotionally to get closer to this 'someone', who is yet to be born.

(This poem brings out the thought process of a woman who has just discovered about her pregnancy and the things that she has to confront in her head!!!)

I have been over thinking about it...
Chewing every piece bit by bit...
The news was a shock, I will admit...
But come what may, I will not quit!!!

At 31, I guess I'm already late...
'Responsibility' is a word with lot of weight...
More of check-ups and less of dinner dates?
Priorities will alter, I reinstate...

Career is now a Sand-clock put at rest...
No salary cheque, put me at test...
I'm very worried, I will confess...
My peers will progress, while I rest...

My body has started to change...
The perfect size zero is up for exchange...
I'm definitely different, at close range...
Accepting it will no more be strange...

Labor pain equals twenty fractures?
More difficult than being Margaret Thatcher...
Why is it so difficult to manufacture?
Trying to think, but can't capture...

Fun now will be, Sports day > Sky Diving
Books now will be, Ronald Dahl > Ayn Ryand
Money now will be, Savings > Spending
'But' life now will be more beautiful and fulfilled...

I smile in peace finally...
Trusting the higher force reliably...
All will be good, I think silently...
And I will be only bright and lively...

I will dedicate this blog particularly to all those women who have and who will undergo this difficult journey. The good thing is that with a loving and caring partner, this journey becomes a bit easier. I know of one such lovely couple- Sumeet and Chetna (http://bit.ly/1epU8Uj) and I wish them only the bestest best :)

~Cheers
Hena




19 comments:

  1. I loved this ..The poem truly states what goes on in the mind of a woman...we always have to give up something for the other , that is the distance we have to travel sadly!

    And you write so well ...Follow your heart and write that's all you need to blog...You could also take part in blog hops (writetribe is a site you could check out) :) Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton Naba for your encouraging words... And thanks for your suggestion about Writetribe. Will definitely check it out! Thanks once again :)

      Delete
  2. Aha, you are already Indiblogger Pan India winner :) Loved the poem, lovely composition. All the best for the contest Henanksha !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton Jahid for your kind words... Means a lot! Looking forward to reading more from you. All the very best to you too :)

      Delete
  3. I really loved the post and especially the poem..all a would-be-mother goes through on discovering that happiest fact of life..you've penned it so beautifully..

    All the best :-)
    I've commented regarding your queries about book review..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton Maniparna. I'm so glad you liked the poem! Particularly thanks for your reply on the Book reviewing. This will be quite helpful. Happy reading & happy writing!

      Delete
    2. HI , how are you doing ? just visited your blog to find some new post but seems you're not so regular these days. Anyway , keep writing and happy blogging :-)

      Delete
  4. Awesome Heenanksha :) this one is really beautiful and says it all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u sooooooooooo much Nitika. Means a lot... thanks a ton for dropping by and commenting:)

      Delete
  5. Awesome Hena.. I never knew you write.. Great yar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rahul... I started writing with the push of certain dear friends (Motu & Kanoo) and I will always remain grateful to them.. I'm so glad u dropped by and commented on my post.. means a lot :)

      Delete
  6. That's a beautiful writeup...awesome work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rohan! Will try to do better the next time.. thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  7. So proud of you! right from the heart! wait a second are u???? :O :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ehh..no baby...I AM NOT!! Thanks a ton for appreciating this.. means a lot a lot alot to me...Let's catch up sometime naa... this sat?

      Delete
  8. Hi dear Hena,

    This is such a beautiful thought to write on for the topic, straight from the heart, unique and so meaningful. :) Brilliant, original and true, you brought it all out in a few words from your soul. Keep at it, I loved it, and I am sure you have a lot of good times waiting ahead of you. All the very best to you. :) Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arti, you definitely made my day! Every word of your pushes me to get better! Thanks a ton for this comment. Will try to do better the next time.. :)

      Delete
  9. So beautifully expressed.
    Loved the example of books, Ronald Dahl > Ayn Ryand.
    Just so perfect.
    Simply outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for this useful post.Nice post! .online book Ticket through Redbus

    ReplyDelete