Friday 14 June 2013

Change could begin with a small 'Chat'!

And it happened again. Once again! One more time in the series of many... An heinous act! R.A.P.E.! But...

This time something was different...For the first time, people of this country woke up. For the first time, India saw its streets filled with protestors screaming for Justice... Justice for Jyoti! For the first time, it was evident how frustrated we have become, so much so, that we have come down to suggesting barbaric solutions like - Brutal death for the rapists! And it is so ironical because we are a country that taught the world about our non-violence methods!
These are the first signs of a new born India - that refuses to shut her eyes when something wrong happens!

But the big question is that why were we not able to achieve much even after all these protests? I guess, something indeed remained missing... A Leader -  someone who would  bring in that missing sense of direction. This is exactly what Bapu (aka Mahatma Gandhi) did 66 years back! He brought new methods, new hope, new will and new zeal.

I truly believe that had Gandhi been alive today, India would have had a better sight, a better hearing ability, a better gait and a much better overall health.

Having said that, if I could connect with five or more people in a WeChat group, my WeChat friends will be:
  • Jyoti: The 16th Dec, 2012 Rape Victim through her Blackberry Curve
  • Priya: Jyoti's dear friend through her iPhone5
  • Jai: A concerned citizen and Priya's father through his Samsung S4
  • Mahatma Gandhi (aka Bapu) through the web
  • Munna Bhai through his Nokia Lumia 925
Chat Group called 'Best friends' | Chat buddies are Jyoti & Priya

16th Dec, 2012

Jyoti: This pain is unbearable! Brutality has been redefined today. I want to fight back. Fight back really hard... I want justice at any cost!!! And I know this is possible! I know my pain won't all go in vain... But how?

Priya: Jyoti, we will fight back. We will fight for your justice! This all will not go in vain. I assure you!

Jyoti: But, what can you and me do alone? How can we change things?

Priya invites her Dad in the Chat Group | Jai added to the group

Jai: Jyoti, my sympathies for you. I wish I could help you in any way! I just saw this - The United States Government, has granted Jyoti, the 2013 International Women of Courage Award | http://1.usa.gov/13BkRgp

Jyoti: I don't want any awards or titles or laws named after me. I just want Justice!  

Priya: Dad, I'm scared to be in this country now - the land of heroes that once fought for their women! I feel disgusted to the core!

Jai: Enough is enough! I have decided that you will have to be back home by 7:00 PM every day. 

Priya: Dad, stop being ridiculous. My work involves a lot of travel. I can't alter my career aspirations, just because I can be raped! Rape can happen anytime, at any place! 

Jai: I have decided Priya. You're not working anymore!

Priya shares a picture of Kiran Mazumdar Shaw 



Priya: Dad, I want to be like her. Please don't cut my wings before I take-off.

Jyoti: Uncle, sitting home is not the solution!

Jai: As a concerned and scared father, my wits are not with me.!!!

Priya shares a beautiful video on Gandhi.



Jyoti invites Mahatma Gandhi (aka Bapu)  in the Chat Group | Bapu added to the group

Priya: Bapu, help us! We need you back!

Bapu: I feel so disheartened. I regret the freedom that was granted to us 66 years back! Shameful indeed!

Jai: Bapu, we need your advice. We need another 'Freedom Movement' - freedom from all the evils of our country. Guide us Bapu...

Bapu: Many people consider my principles as irrelevant today. They feel that my ideas hold no ground in today's times...

Jai: Bapu, your principles hold as much weight today, as they did 66 years back. Since our independence, we have been a witness of so many events that have been inspired by your guiding principles!

Jyoti: To start with - The Anna Hazare movement in 2011....

Jai: And the Occupy Wall Street movement of 2011...

Priya: The Nobel Laureate Aung San Suu Kyi and Guatemalan Nobel Peace Prize-winner Rigoberta Menchu all have credited you Bapu as their guiding force!

Jai: The Palestinians' boycott of Israeli products in 2009! And the list goes on!

Jyoti: There is no denying the fact that we need you! Bapu, tell us, how can we influence our  Govt. to work towards a speedy justice for me?

Bapu invites Munna Bhai in the Chat Group | Munna Bhai added to the group

Bapu: Munna, in you, I see the next 'Gandhi'. Stand for your country this time. I have faith in your abilities to suggest a breakthrough idea!!!

Munna: Bapu, our state is in shatters! It is futile to talk about  a solution. I'm extremely disappointed and can't think of any solution!

Bapu: Munna, how could you lose hope so easily? If the youth of this country gives up so easily, then who will bring that revolution? Once again, we need a Kranti! This country can't afford any more pessimism!

Munna: Bapu, I have tried to do many things but all in vain. I don't think this could get any worse! We all should forget it and move on in our lives!

Jyoti: And what about my JUSTICE?

Jai: We have already wasted a lot of time in complaining. Let's get to serious work!

Jai shares a Video to inspire Munna Bhai.



Bapu: Munna, are you with us this time?

Munna: You all are so right! We can't afford to be pessimistic at all. We will have to fight back harder and  harder each time... The onus is now on the citizens of this country to do something immediately...

Jai: So the task in hand is to compel our Govt. to act speedily!

Priya: Setting up fast track courts is not enough!  We want justice right now!

Jyoti: Justice delayed is justice denied!

Jai shares the National anthem 



Priya: Each time I listen to this, my heart fills with immense pride!

Priya: Jyoti, the entire country is literally on streets, demanding justice for Jyoti!

Jai: But, that's not enough! We need to think of something more tangible!

Munna: I have an idea - an idea that will force the Govt. to act...

Bapu: This country has always stood for its non-violence principles. Hope your solution takes care of this fact Munna!

Munna: Yes Bapu! I won't suggest any barbaric suggestions like publicly hang the rapists! Because that really serves no purpose...

Priya: Then?

Munna: It's time that India understands how important women are!

Jai: What are you suggesting?

Munna: How about this? - Until the Govt. really wakes up, all are working women stop going to work!!! This will affect these woman, especially if they are the only bread winners for their families! So, for such women, monetary support should be brought in from other fellow citizens!

Jai: You mean "No Work, until No Security for Women!"

Jai: Will that work?

Bapu: Why NOT?

Munna: Nurses, doctors, corporate, cleaning maids, pilots, students, flight attendants, teachers, parliament MPs, govt. jobs... You name it and women are there!

Priya: You bet! This will paralyze the economy and force the govt to act.

Munna: Yes, 32% of all economically active workforce are women in our country.

Jai: 1/3rd of our working class???

Priya: Yes Dad! This will cripple  the system such that the govt. is forced to act!

Munna: Just like, how after the Rosa Parks incident in Montgomery, blacks refused to use the public buses for work. The US Govt. was forced to amend the laws.

Jyoti: Great suggestion Munna!

Priya: I second Jyoti...

Jai: Let's do it!

Munna: Let's go and convince every working woman from different realms of society to cooperate! To join us in our mission!

Priya: I volunteer to be the first such woman!

Jai: I will support my daughter in all ways possible!

Bapu: Munna you will have to reach out to the masses for maximum impact!

Munna: Bapu, Don't worry! In today's era, we can reach out to more and more people with less effort through Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube....

Priya: Let's all of us get started immediately!

Bapu sends a Thumbs up symbol

Jai sends a picture 



Bapu: Another Mission is born today! Remember, Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

Munna: Together we can, and we will, make a difference!

Jyoti: I hope that this mission of ours help us to get justice not just for me, but all our women who have been tormented in the past  - Aruna Shanbaug, Soumya, Bhanwari Devi, Suryanelli rape case...and the list goes on!

Priya: Let's try to keep each of us well informed of all our Mission's updates through this Chat forum!

I wish this chat could be possible today. It could have made a difference! To know more about how such chats are possible, please visit:


No comments:

Post a Comment