Wednesday 28 March 2012

Proving Fredrick Nietzsche wrong!!!


Fredrick Nietzsche once famously quoted, "Hope in reality is the worst of all evils, because it prolongs the torments of man". Till sometime back, I used to agree to Nietzsche 's argument but I am glad that I don't feel like that today. This happened an year back, when we (me and a friend) while discussing about random things heard two big dogs fighting. In revenge, one of the big dogs caught hold of the second big dog's puppy and pounced over. It was too bad because the baby puppy started bleeding terribly. However, after a huge struggle of calling several veterinary doctors (who did not extend any support to help a street puppy), me and my friend decided to tie band-aid around the puppy on our own. Trust me, both of us were shaking as we did not even know how a puppy is held while its continuously bleeding and is in terrible pain. While we were trying to lift the brooding puppy, several people (holding ice-cream sticks) laughed at us saying that hope is a stupid thing and that the puppy would not even last for more than ten mins. But we decided to play hard with hope and we finally won. Our puppy is alive today!!! No consolation prize could have given me that feeling- a feeling in which I felt so proud of myself. I wanted to run back to those people who were mocking at us and tell them that 'Hope is good'.
Hope is good as it helps you keep trying harder and harder. In fact, stupid hope also is sometimes good as it will stop you from saying 'I quit'!!!. Don't be a quitter and at least try. My mom says - 'No is always in your pocket, then why not try for Yes'.

Dark it was but eyes could still see,
Forgetting all that existed around  me,
We sat there cheering and celebrating,
Old friendships with tinge of whining...

All was good till that happened,
Heart went berserk and eyes saddened,
We ran towards the murderous site,
To discover what is the destined plight...

We heard the puppy cry in pain,
Almost escaping the Yama's  train,
We stood there with eyes numb,
Felt helpless and inanely dumb...

Tick-tick the clock screamed,
Hypnotised we were, it seemed,
Time was running with shorter seconds,
This was my life's biggest betting...

The decision was made much before by heart,
Mind did not get to even think apart,
The puppy will be saved, has to be saved,
We began our journey to be braved...

People stood there with candy in hand,
Mocked at us saying our plan was too bland,
One of them quoted, "it will die in ten minutes",
The other said "all you can do is eat some peanuts'...

But they all were proved so wrong,
The ordeal was though tough and long,
Our puppy breathed and breathed hard,
And made us earn life's difficult greeting card...


Cheers,
Hena

No comments:

Post a Comment